The Society has four (4) categories of membership providing participation by professionals/ scientists in the geological and related sciences/professions:
(1) Active membership for persons holding a degree from a recognised university and, who are engaged in the practice, teaching or application of the geosciences or who are actively interested in the geosciences.
(2) Student membership for “A” level high school, polytechnic and university under-graduate students.
(3) Associate membership for non-degreed geological assistants/ technicians.
(4) Honorary membership has been extended to distinguished geologists who have made important contributions to the profession and hence, to the economy of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Discount at GSTT functions (Conferences / Field Trips / Awards Banquet)
- E-mail newsletters with notice of meetings and other functions`
- 10-12 free Technical Sessions per year
- 2-4 field trips
- 1-2 free Social Events per year
1. Active Member: TT$ 300 US$ 50
Individuals with a recognized degree in a geoscience discipline or a related field and at least three years experience working as a geoscientist or in a related field e.g. Geologist /Geophysicist/Petroleum Engineer
Benefits: As listed above, also able to vote and run for office
2. Associate Member: TT$ 200 US$ 30
3. Student Member: TT$50 US$10
Must be currently enrolled in a University or Secondary School
Benefits: As listed above, without voting privileges. Can upgrade to an Active member.
4. Honorary Member: TT$0 US$0
Those individuals who accept nomination as honorary members upon the invitation of the Directors in recognition of their work for the society. An honorary member shall be under no obligation to pay any subscription or make any donation to the funds of the Society.
Benefits: As listed above, with voting privileges as in Active Member.